Use of Information You Provide to UTGC
We may also use information provided by you or transmitted to us through the Properties to send you electronic and other messages about memberships or opportunities available at UTGC or an offering from affiliates of UTGC, including The University of Texas (collectively, "Affiliates"). Your use of our Properties constitutes your permission to do so unless you specify otherwise pursuant to applicable law, as discussed below. We comply with the US Federal CAN-SPAM Act, and make every effort to ensure that our messages are not considered Spam. Of course, you may unsubscribe from any messages we send at any time and you will not receive further electronic messages from us after following the instructions included within the message.
Your Right to Control Communications
We may provide you with an "opt-in" or "opt-out" mechanism depending on where you are located when we collect your personal data. An "opt-in" mechanism will provide you the opportunity to positively indicate that you would like or do not object to our sending you such further communications and we will not send you any unless you have "opted-in." An "opt-out" mechanism will provide you the opportunity to indicate that you do not want us to send you such further communications, and if you "opt-out" we will not send you any. Either way, opting-in or opting-out will be up to you and, in addition, if you do not want us to use your personal data for a particular purpose or disclose it to a third party, you may "opt-out" at any time by contacting us as provided below.
Safeguarding Your Information
Information transmitted over the Internet may find its way to recipients to whom it is not intended or persons you may not want to have such information. Under certain circumstances, this may be beyond the control of UTGC, and you are advised that such transmission may not be secure. However, UTGC complies with applicable law regarding the safeguarding of your personal information, and we employ reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the security, confidentiality, and integrity of your information, as required by law. Further, we restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you.
Categories of Information We Collect
Contact Information: We may request and collect, without limitation, your name, address, email address, home telephone number, work telephone number, fax number and cell phone number.
When you make inquiries concerning career opportunities, we will request information on prior employment, including dates, salary information and job summaries, information about the type of job you are seeking, availability for work, your name, address, home telephone number, and email address.
Additionally, we may collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
• Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, personal references, and club affiliations;
• Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness and credit history; and
• Information about your transactions with us, such as your payment history.
In some cases, we may combine information we collect through our Properties with information collected from other online and offline sources.
If you are seeking information on UTGC or a party interested in conducting business with UTGC, we will request your contact information.
If you wish to contact our webmaster (firstname.lastname@example.org), we will request your contact information.
Categories of Information We Disclose
• In connection with the fulfilment of the services that you request through the Properties.
• To enforce the Terms and Conditions applicable to the use of the Properties.
• As required by law or valid legal process.
• In response to appropriate governmental requests.
• As we deem reasonably necessary to investigate, prevent or take other appropriate action in connection with potential illegal or fraudulent activities or potential risk to the personal safety of any individual or the security of your information.
• To manage our business.
• To protect our interests.
• To support direct marketing and other opportunities of UTGC and third parties as described herein.
• To assist you in finding products and services that may be of interest to you.
• Your credit card information in connection with any services that you request.
Parties to Whom We Disclose
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of select third parties:
• Non-financial companies, such as retailers and direct marketers;
• We may share your contact information and membership information with third parties who assist UTGC and Affiliates in offering products or services to you;
• We may share your contact information with carefully selected third parties that agree with UTGC and Affiliates to offer products or services to users of the Properties.
Information Sharing with Companies that Perform Services on our Behalf
We may disclose any or all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf with whom we have joint marketing agreements. The categories of third parties with whom we have contracted may include, among others:
• Financial service providers, such as credit card issuers, finance companies, insurance agencies or companies, and banks; and
• Other service providers, such as tax vendors, print vendors, and software programmers.
Information Sharing with Non-Affiliated Companies
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law, including pursuant to consents that you provide. We may also, either directly or through Affilates, share your nonpublic personal information with non-affiliated companies to market their products and services to you.
If you prefer that we not disclose nonpublic personal information about you to non-affiliated third parties to market their products and services to you, you may opt-out of those disclosures, that is, you may direct us not to make those disclosures. If you wish to opt-out of disclosures to non-affiliated third parties to market their products and services to you, please email email@example.com.
Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Properties. These companies may collect information about your visits to our Properties and other websites and/or apps in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. We may also partner with ad networks and other companies that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated digital properties. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information these ad networks collect about your visits to our Properties and other non-affiliated websites or apps over time.
You may visit www.aboutads.info/choices to learn more about interest-based advertising and how to opt-out of this form of advertising on your web browser by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") self-regulatory program. If you wish to opt-out of interest based advertising in mobile apps on your device by companies that participate in the DAA's AppChoices app, you may download that app onto your device and exercise your choice. AppChoices is available at the links below:
DAA AppChoices iOS
DAA AppChoices Android
Ad Privacy Manager iOS
Ad Privacy Manager Android
You may also be able to limit data collection by third parties by using your mobile device settings. Please note that electing to opt-out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests. Additionally, please note that if you use a different browser or erase cookies from your browser, or use a different mobile device, you may need to renew your opt-out choices.
For EU and EEA Residents and Other International Visitors
The personal data you submit to UTGC will be transferred to the United States for the purposes described above which involve (1) fulfilling a request you submit to us for information about our services, or (2) pursue our legitimate interests in a manner that does not override your privacy rights.
We retain personal information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes. When we no longer have a legitimate business interest in keeping your personal information, we securely delete or destroy it. In determining data retention periods, UTGC takes into consideration applicable laws, contractual obligations, and what we reasonably believe are your expectations and requirements. For example, if you purchase a membership, we will retain your information for as long as you own a membership and as long as required by our contracts and by law. If you submit an information request, we will retain your contact and preferences information and consider our relationship to remain active for marketing purposes after fulfilling any request you submit and until we take note that you no longer show interest in our products or services. If you request information regarding the personal information that we hold about you, we will make a reasonable effort to fulfill your request. Note that if you submitted an "opt-in" to allow transfer of your personal information to a vendor or other non-affiliated third party, we will not be able to take any action with respect to personal information under the control of such third party and you will need to submit your request directly to that third party.
Please contact us to make the following or other requests about your personal information:
• Restrict our use of your personal information and transfer of your personal information to UTGC's Affiliates or non-affiliated third parties (including profiling to the extent that it is related to our marketing activities) as described above. You may submit your instructions by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
• Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information (after receiving your notice of withdrawal of consent) for any purpose other than implementation of pre-contractual measures or performance of a contract currently underway by notifying us at email@example.com.; or by mail to University of Texas Golf Club, 2200 University Club Drive, Austin, TX 78732;
• Access to your personal data and request that we provide you with your personal data in machine readable form;
• Request us to rectify any inaccurate personal data that we may hold;
• Request us to erase personal data where: it is no longer necessary for us to hold such personal data; you no longer consent to the processing of your personal data; your personal data has been unlawfully processed; we are otherwise required by law to erase your personal data;
• Make a complaint with the national data protection authority in the country where you are based.
Privacy Rights in Other Jurisdictions
You may have rights, under applicable data privacy laws, to request information about or access to the personal information that we hold about you, to require that information to be corrected it is inaccurate or, in some circumstances, to object to our processing of your personal information. If you wish to exercise those rights, please send a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for taking the time to read all of this important information.